Friday, July 20, 2018

Reducing Meds

Lowering Meds……..

A slow journey but Cosmas has gone from always having his medication raised to lowering the dose! He was at 1.25 or respiredole and now he is at .50.  


What have I seen: Tad more aggression but control with it.. He is pretend punching his siblings.. It is very threatening….…. It really scares John…  


This is common for individuals coming off of meds because the brain has to relearn how work that area of the brain…..



PLAN: Uping the positive reinforcement…..Back to his TOKEN CHART…


I told Cosmas that we would have to increase his dose if this behavior continues… He immediately snapped out of it.. I always tell him to use his tools that his therapist is teaching him….



Learning a the language of Anxiety is difficult for all those involved…..




Coz’s token jar. This thing is key to better behavior!!!

No comments:

My heart sank

My heart is sad.. This is raw this is our life... I post this in order to better understand what it's like living with a child with seve...