Thursday, March 30, 2017

Day Two

Day two of Spring Break with 4 kids....



Grocery shopping while two boys were literally crawling out of the big plastic car ( lets try to distract our kids while we shop in peace and quiet) shopping cart..A lady actually said, " Your boys are being so good..." I thought to myself... lady they have only been in there for two minutes......Tick tock tick tock... Two minuets later on the dot...... Two people on separate occasions looked and me and said, " Oh it gets better." I thought to myself what isn't BETTER than this!!! Is this not the norm? Am I immune to noise and choas.....
At the doctors office..... "YES!!!!!.... Robin, (the polished receptionist) we have been here every week for 6 weeks"!!!!
just the usual...... strep throat two kids...pink eye..impetigo ..med adjustment..asthma.....and today an ear stitched up..... 
This appointment was special bc i got to sit with Coz in a silent waiting room.... enjoying his two jokes that he has told me probably 59 times within the past two days..... Sat there listening to him....He gets so frustrated when i don't laugh every time.... sooooo i laughed again or at least tried... honestly, i wanted to cry.... Stitched up his ear.....he didn't even flench....or shed a tear.... i wanted say wow, what a brave boy but instead fought back the tears.....the reality of sensory issues reared its head....searching all the time for light bulb moments.... which i received two this week... small blessings.......
"John, what is that boiling noise?"..... JOHN what did you put in the microwave and why is the timer SET for 46 MINUTES?!!! Open it and find a bowl of water and pepper boiling over........I think to myself....where was I??? Wait,,, talking Coz through a meltdown about another joke that i didn't laugh hard enough at......
NOW...... Coz is crawling on my shoulder telling me that he "loves me more than anything..." Sigh.... thank you Coz.....
Lightbulb moments this week:
Coz's therapist..... " His world is based on fear....causing anxiety"....... That hit it home for me......I am beginning to see him in a different light now...... am learning how to get into his reality daily....but this is difficult.......
My school advisor....." Each child is different and needs to be parented differently..."
hmmmmm. This gave me freedom to tell the oldest three yes, Coz is different but we ALL are........in OUR own ways....
Well, time to get back to reality.....or simply back into each one of my children's VERY different realities.....

No comments:

My heart sank

My heart is sad.. This is raw this is our life... I post this in order to better understand what it's like living with a child with seve...